|Posting: Research Assistant
||Casual Research Assistant (Part-time)
||Department of Family Medicine
||Dr. Samira Rahimi
||5858, Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, Suite 300
Montréal, QC H3S 1Z1
|Hours/Week & Schedule:
||$16.00 per hour
|Planned Start Date & End Date:
||April 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020 (with possibility of extension)
|Date of Posting:
||March 11, 2019
|Deadline to Apply:
||March 22, 2019
|Under the supervision of Dr. Rahimi, the successful applicant is expected to:
- Participate in conducting literature reviews and qualitative/quantitative researches.
- Participate in data collection phase of the projects including recruitment of patients and/or clinicians in the clinical sites, conducting interviews, development, revision, and validation of the data collection tools.
- Analyze and interpret the research results according to the planned or other suggested methods.
- Contribute significantly to the dissemination of results, including the writing of reports and scientific articles.
- Participate in the development of new methods for analysis or research.
- Participate in the writing of grant applications, and any other related work to research projects.
- Candidates must hold Master's degree (in health sciences, social sciences, engineering, or any other relevant field of specialization).
- Minimum one year of experience in conducting research projects.
|Other Qualifying Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of primary care and/or health care service research.
- Knowledge on how to conduct literature searches.
- Knowledge in decision modeling, programming, artificial intelligence and machine learning will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in data collection and data analysis (qualitative and/or quantitative),
- Experience in writing reports, scientific publications, and grant applications.
- Organized and structured, and ability to manage priorities in a complex environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in working with software (such as reference management software, quantitative and qualitative data analysis software).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Series software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access).
- Be self-motivated and have demonstrated ability to work on different projects concurrently and to successfully manage deadlines.
- Have an excellent communication and writing skills in English. Proficiency in French considered as an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-changing environment and to learn new tools and applications quickly and independently.
|How to Apply
Interested applicants should prepare an electronic application that contains the following documents merged into one PDF file (with file name: YourLastName.YourFirstName-ResearchAssistantApplication.pdf):
- One page cover letter and resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position
- Full curriculum vitae (including statement on leadership activities, project management, and any activities in any relevant projects).
- List names and contact details of two reference persons.
Your application can be sent to samira.rahimi [at] mcgill.ca (Dr. Samira Rahimi).
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.