A New Melanoma Network in Montreal
When: Tuesday May 16, 2017
Time: 5.30 - 8.00 pm
Location: Goodman Cancer Research Centre, 5th floor Atrium
Note: Please arrive before 6PM at the latest because the GCRC and Bellini buildings are locked as of 6PM.
Entrances: McIntyre garage or 3649 Sir William Osler, entrance of the Bellini Building
Take the elevator to the 5th floor, turn right as you exit the elevator, down the hall to Atrium.
Light Dinner will be served.
Taxi or parking will be paid. Please see Magdalena for reimbursement with your original receipt.
17:30 – 18:00 Networking over light dinner and drinks
Presentations of Clinical Issues of Melanoma Treatments (15 min talk + 5 min Q/A)
18:00 – 18:20 Dr. Alan Spatz (SCC, LDI, JGH)
· Melanoma, biomarkers, phenotype-genotype correlation; presentation of CCTG network
18:20 – 18:40 Dr. Ari Meguerditchian (MUHC)
· Surgical issues with melanoma
18:40 – 19:00 Dr. Ian Watson (GCRC)
· The genomics of melanoma
Short presentations: (5 min each)
· Kevin Watters (MUHC): Pathology and melanoma biobanking at MUHC
· Wilson Miller/ Rahima Jamal (RCN/JGH): Clinical Trials in melanoma and biobanking at JGH
· John Stagg (CHUM): Immunophenotyping and melanoma biobanking at the CHUM
· Dan Moldoveanu (GCRC): Cytoff developments for melanoma
· Catalin Mihalcioiu (MUHC): Melanoma CTC phenotyping
· Leon Van Kempen (SCC): X marks the spot
· Ian Watson/ Peter Siegel (GCRC): Mouse models for melanoma research
Open discussion and Discussions as to Network building.