Below you will find a list of funding opportunities for postdoctoral research available through external agencies or foundations. Follow the links to find information about eligibility, application procedures, and deadlines for submissions. Certain application require institutional signatures, and applicants should consult the page on obtaining signatures for more information.
If you've been been offered funding through one of the sources listed below, please make sure to visit Accepting, activating and maintaining your award for payment activation forms, progress report forms, award holder guides, and much more.
Federal and Provincial Government Funding Opportunities/Sources
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
- Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students (PBEEE) (*application through McGill)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
NEW: Institutions are responsible for the submission of CIHR Postdoctoral Award applications through ResearchNet; applicants who identify McGill University as the “Institution Paid” (the institution to administer the funds) must submit their CIHR Postdoctoral Fellowship application to ResearchNet by 01 November 2018 - 20:00 EDT.
- Print the signature page PDF file which is found on ResearchNet.
- Verify the requirements for original signatures by consulting Required Signatures on Application Forms and Meaning of Signatures on Application Forms in the CIHR Grants and Awards Guide.
- Only Supervisor(s) Signatures are required. Printed names should always accompany signatures.
- No institutional signatures are required on the pages at the time of application.
- Scan and upload the signed signature pages, including the routing slip, as one PDF (not exceeding 30 MB), in the "Print/Upload Signature Pages" task in ResearchNet prior to submitting the application.
- All necessary signatures must be obtained and uploaded on ResearchNet prior to the Research Institution's (Institution Paid) deadline date.
- The Research Office will electronically approve and forward the application to CIHR, they are, in fact, confirming that all required signatures have been obtained.
Other Funding Opportunities
- The PGSS-GPS Grants Program aims to provide funding for non-profit projects initiated by and for PGSS members. For more information on this program and how to apply, visit the PGSS website.
- The China Scholarship Council (CSC) offers scholarships to outstanding Chinese students who are planning to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral studies at McGill