THE DESIGN PROCESS
This is how to get a project going:
INITIATING A PROJECT
- Fill in and submit our Creative Brief Form.
- Meet with one of the designers for a free 30-minute consultation.
- Estimates for design and printing can be provided. Our design rate is $47/hr. We do not print ourselves but work closely with several external print shops as well as McGill Printing. Once the estimate is approved, the design can begin.
- Provide the designer with the final text and, if possible, high resolution images for the project.
- The designer will present one or more initial concepts (depending on budget and time). The chosen one will be further developed and finalized.
- Carefully proof and sign off on the final artwork. It will then be prepared for press or Web.
- For print jobs only: The printer's proof is verified and approved by the designer and, if desired, by the client. Changes can still be made at this stage but will possibly bring about extra charges from the printer.
- Final product is delivered. For a print job, the printer will deliver to the requested address. For Web, the final artwork is sent electronically.
- Once the project has been completed, it will be closed and the design (and, if applicable, printing) fees will be charged to your FOAPAL account.