Please review the official government resources below before reviewing the FAQs. Many answers to your questions can be found on Immigration Canada's and Immigration Quebec's websites.
The COVID-19 measures introduced by the Government of Canada, including those affecting travel to Canada, can change from day to day. It is important to keep up to date with these changes by consulting official government websites (links below) regularly. It is possible that the measures in place right now may not be the measures that will be in place in the coming days or weeks. For example, measures related to travel could be more or less restrictive moving forward.
Quick Reference Guide for International Students:
- Current border measures and requirements for non-Canadians *Updated June 8, 2020
- NEWS: MIFI will automatically extend CAQs until December 31, 2020 for certain students (link to our news page)
- Travel restrictions and exemptions for international students
- What to do if your student status will expire or has expired
- Canada – US border restrictions
- Impact on IRCC offices and Visa Application Centers
- Impact on biometrics
- MIFI Covid-19 FAQs
- Important FAQs on how COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC
This site provides answers to questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting things like your ability to travel and the processing of immigration applications. See the quick reference guide above for information on the most relevant topics for international students.
- Program delivery update: COVID-19 – Additional travel restriction measures
- CBSA – important message on flagpoling
- General processing measures: COVID-19 program delivery
- Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery
- Processing changes for visas due to COVID-19
- IRCC processing times
Heath and Safety Guidelines:
*List of resources will be updated regularly
------------------------ Last updated 15.4.2020