The Mission of Canada is the primary channel for diplomatic representation and communications between the Canadian government, the United Nations and its associated bodies in Geneva, the World Trade Organization and many other entities based in the Geneva context.
- Must be a Canadian citizen.
- Must be a McGill full-time undergraduate or graduate student, returning to their current registered faculty in fall 2018.
- Must be receiving academic credit.
- Must possess language proficiency in English and French.
Selected candidates must complete a security screening before the start of the internship.
The host organization is currently recruiting two McGill interns for summer 2018. For more information about the positions, requirements, and how to apply, download the internship postings (you may only apply to one position, please indicate the position that interests you in your cover letter):
Carefully read application instructions before submitting your documents. Completed applications should be submitted via email to ion [at] mcgill.ca
APPLICATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
SELECTION: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, within two weeks of application deadline. Please do not email to inquire about the status of your application. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide full commitment to the internship selection process by the Permanent Missions of Canada in Geneva and waive any other internship opportunity at this time.
Please note: A formal acceptance of an ION internship is a final decision, and under no circumstances (unless health or family-related) can a student withdraw from the internship after accepting. The consequence of this would be refusal of candidature for future ION internship opportunities. Please remember, revoking a spot in one of the organizations means also revoking it from another student who might have had the opportunity to take it.
Successful candidates may be eligible for an award valued at $4,000-$6,000.
Successful candidates are required to attend the following sessions:
- Interns Meeting
- Cross-Cultural Workshop
- Interns Responsibilities and Guidelines
- University-Wide Pre-Departure Session
- Internship Workshop: Success in a Professional Environment
- Reception for Awards Recipients
- Internship Debriefing Session (September)