We are looking for about a dozen students to help us with our projects and events for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Your involvement will depend on your interests, skills and preferences, and could range from designing posters to coordinating and hosting large-scale career and student life events.
In general, we are looking for support in the following areas:
- Participation in career and student life events (i.e. Career Events & Information Sessions, Student Teaching Events, Open House, Recruiting Events and Workshops)
- Involvement in event planning and coordination
- Communication to students: in-class announcements, presence at events & workshops, creation of promotional materials…etc
- Represent the Internships and Student Affairs Office within the Faculty of Education, McGill community, and at external events
The time commitment will vary depending on your schedule and interests, and may change from week-to-week. In general, ISA Ambassadors should plan for a 15-20 hour time commitment per semester.
- Develop/hone your leadership, organization, communication, interpersonal, public speaking, decision making and creativity skills
- Network with industry professionals and students in your program
- Develop your expertise in the areas of career exploration and job search
- Act in a peer support role for other students in your program about Field Experience and Student Affairs topics
- Be part of a team of engaged and enthusiastic students
- Learn more about support services for students in the Faculty of Education and at McGill
- Participate in student trainings offered by the Campus Life & Engagement Office
- Potential for inclusion on the Co-curricular record (minimum 4 hours of involvement per semester)
For any questions regarding the ISA Ambassadors, feel free to send an email to career.education [at] mcgill.ca (subject: ISA%20Ambassadors%202018-2019%20) (Véronique Gingras), career advisor.