We also have a complete FAQ.
Upcoming Information sessions
Upcoming information sessions and visits to recruitment fairs are posted on our Recruitment Events page.
- September 14, 2017: Workshop for Re-Applicants (View webcast)
- September 27, 2017: Law School and Diversity Information Session
- September 28, 2017: General Plenary on Law Admissions (View webcast)
- October 29, 2017: McGill University Open House
- The online application for Fall 2018 admission is available as of September 1, 2017.
- The online application deadline for University, Mature, and Advanced Standing applicants is November 1, 2017.
- The deadline for supporting documents for University and Mature applicants is November 8, 2017 and the supporting documents deadline for Advanced Standing applicants is January 15, 2018.
* Deadlines must be respected. Late applications are not accepted. There are no exceptions. *
Please read through all the tabs under the admission section of this website carefully before applying as there are specific rules that must be followed for the creation and submission of supporting documents.
Admission timeline (September entrance only)
|September 1||Admission online application opens|
Start of law school year
We might come and visit you! Check our website for recruitment visits
|October 29||McGill Open House - Come and meet us (Admissions and Student Ambassadors)|
|November 1||Admission application closes for most categories of candidates|
Latest LSAT testing recommended
Admissions offers are extended and will continue to be made on an ongoing basis until June
|January||Start of law winter term|
Welcome Day for Newly Admitted Candidates
First wave of Law Entrance Scholarship offers made (continues until August)
|March 1||Admission application closes for CEGEP candidates|
|April 1||Candidates admitted early in the cycle (December - February) have until this date to accept our offer and pay deposit|
You may be called for an interview (CEGEP, Mature, and Advanced Standing candidates)
First offers to CEGEP candidates extended
Start of Waitlist
End of law academic year
Most decisions will be made by late May-June
|May 1||Admission application closes for Transfer candidates|
|June-August||Space permitting, offers of admission made to candidates from the waitlist|
|July||Start of course registration for newly admitted candidates|
|August||Orientation & in-person registration|