Exam Self-Care at Mac Campus
Exam period is just around the corner, and there are events on campus for you!
Please note that the entire campus is closed on April 19th and April 22nd for holidays.
- Study/Chill Space
- April 15-30, open every day* in the Ceilidh, with free snacks on weekdays. Provided by the MCSS. *Exceptionally closed on April 18th
- Therapy dogs in the Centennial Centre lobby
- Come take a moment before or after your exams to de-stress with our four-legged friends! Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12:15-1:45pm, in the Centennial Centre lobby. April 16, 18, 23, 25, 30.
- Free Yoga Class
- April 16th at 6:30pm (Studio – Stewart Athletics Complex). Offered by Macdonald Campus Athletics
- April 25th at 5:45pm (Studio - Stewart Athletics Complex)
- Peer Support Circle
- April 12th, 11:30 – 1pm, in the Centennial Centre, CC-118. The Peer Support Circle (offered by the Peer Support Centre) is a relaxed environment to chat with your peers (over free snacks!) about any issues at all. This could include academic stress, de-stress techniques, and personal issues.
- Find their table in the Ceilidh Chill Space on April 25th
- Exam Pizza Dinner!
- Want support in the run-up to exams? Want that support to come in the form of chatting with peers and free pizza? Join your fellow Mac campus students and your Local Wellness Advisor, Shannon Walsh, for pizza on April 15 at 6:00 PM in Laird Hall (Rez, common room 2A). Open to all students (not just rez!). Please email shannon.walsh [at] mcgill.ca to sign up.
Survey on Mental Health & Wellness Programming at Macdonald Campus
Please take a few minutes to complete this short, anonymous survey about mental health and wellness programming at Macdonald Campus. The results will be used to develop tools and activities to support the wellness of all Mac students. The survey will remain open until April 30, 2019.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Local Wellness Advisor, Shannon Walsh, at shannon.walsh [at] mcgill.ca
Thank you for participating!
Access the survey at https://baseline.campuslabs.ca/mu/lwamac2019
Come Talk Exam Anxiety Over Pizza!
Join your Local Wellness Advisor, Shannon Walsh, on Monday, April 15, 6:00 PM in Laird Hall (Rez Common Room 2A)
Open to all students (not just Rez!). Email shannon.walsh [at] mcgill.ca to sign up!
Mental Health Awareness for Faculty & Staff
Thursday April 11th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Faculty Lounge MS2-022
Join Local Wellness Advisor Shannon Walsh for a session dedicated to building mental health awareness. Learn about:
- Red flags
- Common themes
- Who to call when
- How to foster resilience
Open to faculty and staff members only. No registration required. Questions? Contact shannon.walsh [at] mcgill.ca
Join the Conversation on Student Mental Health!
The Mental Health Commission of Canada is seeking input to develop psychological health and safety guidelines for post-secondary students, and your input is valuable!
Lend your voice by completing a brief questionnaire.
Seeking McGill Website User Experience Volunteer
Interested in helping McGill improve the website experience for prospective students and post-docs?
McGill Communications is seeking 12-15 students (undergrad, grad, and post-docs) from across all faculties to attend a 90 minute workshop co-hosted with the agency McGill has been working with, Sid Lee.
The session would introduce the students to McGill’s new positioning with the hope that they could share some of their unique-to-McGill experiences and stories that could be woven in to the university’s new storyline down the road.
- When: April 10, 10:30-12:00
- Where: James Admin Building, Room 302
Coffee/tea/water and croissants will be served
If interested, please email Allison Flynn, Director of Integrated Communications (allison.j.flynn [at] mcgill.ca)
Subject line: Website positioning workshop.
Please indicate your year of study, level and faculty in your email letter.
Students: Planning to travel in the coming months?
Did you know that as of November 10th 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals* who fly to - or transit through - Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)? Consult the eTA page of the ISS website and apply before you travel!
*Exception: US citizens, who are exempt from both the eTA & TRV (EntryVisa).
OSD Study Partner Program
Looking for a study partner? The OSD Study Partner Program matches students up with a peer. Study partners will then set a time and place where they will meet for regular study sessions throughout the semester.
OSD Mentor Program
Would you like to be a tutor?
What: Tutorial Services is recruiting Tutors for Macdonald Campus in various disciplines.
- Set your own hours
- Increased academic mastery
- Financial compensation
- A sense of pride and accomplishment of having helped someone
JOIN OUR TEAM! More information and application forms available on the Tutorial website.