The Brown-Martlet Undergraduate Research Award (BMURA) was established in 2016 to support one undergraduate student in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences who is participating in a summer research project. The award is administered by the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
This year, we are pleased to be able to support two undergraduate students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences who are participating in a summer research project.
Value (2019) and Duration
Value: $2,500* from Award + minimum $3,125 from the supervisor
Duration: Summer project (May to August); 16 weeks on a full time basis
*The value of the award will vary depending on the rate of return of the endowment for the given year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at time of application.
- The research must relate to the students’ academic field of study and should be conducted with the intention to advance knowledge.
- Students must be in good academic standing (CGPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Open to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students
- The professor supervising the research project must provide matching funds
- The professor must be from the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. See a full list of all departments and units on our website: Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Departments and Units (You can browse each unit’s listing to find a professor)
- The professor must have funding to match the monetary value of the award
How to apply:
To submit a complete application, you need to identify and meet with an eligible researcher who is willing to serve as your proposed supervisor and will submit a project proposal with you.
Submit your completed forms to research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca
Deadline: March 15, 2019
For more Information
Macdonald Research Office
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Raymond Building, Room R3-032A
research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca