Return to McGill
- Once McGill receives the official transcript from the host school and transfer credits are approved by your faculty, the transfer credits will appear on your unofficial transcript in Minerva. (some partners may require you to take certain steps in order to release the transcript, it is your responsibility to follow up accordingly).
- The grades received from the host institution will not show on your McGill transcript, and will not be calculated in your GPA. Your McGill transcript will indicate that you were away on exchange, as well as the number of transfer credits granted by McGill.
- You might experience some level of culture shock as you return to Canada. Help is available.
- If you are a non-graduating student, you are expected to return to McGill after your exchange. Register within the usual registration periods, through Minerva for the following academic term or year.
- If you are a graduating student, you are responsible for ensuring that you apply to graduate on Minerva in your final year. Failure to do so may jeopardize or postpone your graduation!
- Check your academic records or consult an advisor to ensure that you have fulfilled all program requirements.
- Are you on Facebook? Like the McGill Abroad Facebook page to share images and comments about your experience with other students!
NOTE: Transcripts from the exchange (in paper or electronic format), become the property of McGill University and will not be returned to you or forwarded to another institution. Therefore you may wish to request your own copy before leaving.
Exchange Experience Report
We hope that your exchange was a wonderful experience and a great learning opportunity both academically and personally.
We’d like to know about your experience abroad!
Access the online form to find out how and what you can submit.