Welcome to the Medicine Undergraduate Research page at the Faculty of Medicine Research and Graduate Studies Office. Use this page as a starting point for learning about the diverse opportunities for undergraduate research at McGill University.
Research is the cornerstone of an undergraduate education. The Faculty of Medicine Research and Graduate Studies Office seeks to expand research opportunities for qualified and interested students. The Office coordinates research opportunities across the Faculty of Medicine, in particular building on the NSERC undergraduate research program, Anatomy Prosection Project and the Bursary Programs. Our undergraduate students can engage in research with faculty members in all disciplines.
What are the benefits of undergraduate research?
Undergraduates who conduct research:
- Work closely with a faculty mentor
- Learn by doing
- Increase confidence in scholarly abilities
- Develop teamwork and collaboration skills
- Build a portfolio of research experiences
- Gain respect in their chosen fields of study
- Create a network for academic endeavors