All full-time or part-time students in this program must audition for a large ensemble in the beginning of the school year. Auditions for large and small ensembles are mandatory.
For descriptions of our perennial ensembles and all audition schedules, visit the Ensembles webpages.
Assignments & Requirements
When: Ensemble assignments are made following the auditions, normally in the first week of classes.
How to register: It is each student’s responsibility to ensure they are registered on MINERVA for the ensemble(s) to which they have been assigned.
- Students are required to complete 8 credits of large ensemble and 6 credits of small ensemble.
- Ensemble transfer credits are not granted.
- Students in this program must be registered in a large ensemble for the first four terms (2 credits X 4 semesters).
- Students who are registered in required practical instruction courses, whether full time or part-time, must be concurrently registered in a small ensemble, even if they have already completed the minimum ensemble requirements for their licentiate.
- “A-” is the minimum ensemble passing grade for students in LMus.