The team at the Music Graduate Studies Office is available throughout the year to provide assistance with:
- Policies and procedures regarding course registration
- Academic programs
- Graduation requirements
- Course changes
- Withdrawal deadlines, etc.
Please do not hesitate to ask us for help. If we cannot help you, we will find out who can.
Orientation and Advising Day for new students
When: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 am: Orientation Session in Tanna Schulich Hall followed by a reception in Tanna lobby.
- 1:00 pm: Library Tour (meet at the entrance of the library on the 3rd floor)
- 2:00 pm: Advising Sessions (unless otherwise noted)
- Brass: Prof. Jean Gaudreault, Room C-412
- Conducting: Prof. Jean-Sébastien Vallée, A707 (Elizabeth Wirth Music Building)
- Woodwinds:TBA, Room C-412
- Percussion: Prof. Fabrice Marandola. Please contact Fabrice Marandola at fabrice.marandola [at] mcgill.ca
- Voice and Opera: Prof. Dominique Labelle and Prof. Patrick Hansen (Director of Opera), Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, A-832 at 4:00 p.m.
- Strings: Prof. Axel Strauss, Room C-411
- Early Music, Organ and Harpsichord: Prof. Hank Knox (Early Music) and Professor Christian Lane (Organ), Room C-413
- Piano: Prof. Kyoko Hashimoto, Room C-416
- Collaborative Piano: Prof. Michael McMahon, Room C-501 at 4:00 p.m.
- Jazz: Prof. John Hollenbeck, Room A-607 (Elizabeth Wirth Music Building)
Music Research Department
- Composition: Prof. Jean Lesage, Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, A-833
- Musicology: Prof. Steven Huebner, Room A-410 (Music Library)
- Music Theory: Prof. Edward Klorman, Room A-510 (Music Library)
- Music Technology: Prof. Gary Scavone, 550 Sherbrooke Street West, East Tower, Room 521
- Sound Recording: Prof. Richard King, Room A-512 (Music Library)