For part-time and summer research opportunities, please consult How to get involved in research on the Office for Undergraduate Research in Science (OURS) website.
- If you are unsure whether you are interested in doing research, Items 1-5 will be of particular interest.
- Research doesn't stop over the summer - Item 6 tells you about awards available to students in the summer.
- Students who qualify could get a paid research job through the Work Study Program (Item 7).
How to proceed:
- Find a supervisor. You have met some professors in lectures and seminars. You can also look at the list of neuroscience researchers in various departments at McGill.
- Send emails to or speak with professors whose research appeals to you. You should mention that you are a student in the Neuroscience Major Program and explain why you are interested in working in their particular lab.