The mission statement of the OSD is to facilitate and support the inclusion of diverse learners.
The core values adopted by the OSD are those of Student Services as a whole:
- Student Centeredness
- Accountability via Measurable Goals
Within its wider mandate, the OSD strives to:
- Facilitate wider access to learning.
- Promote Universal Design as the model selected to achieve appropriate access for all learners.
- Support students who feel access remains an issue for them.
The OSD has recently selected its objectives, these are to:
- Attract a wider user base.
- Implement Universal Design in all OSD procedures.
- Review the role of its staff in order to facilitate campus wide UD implementation.
- Position the OSD in a continuum of services.