- Justice and Reconciliation in World Politics (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2017).
- Awarded the 2018 Robert L. Jervis and Paul W.Schroeder Best Book Award by the International History and Politics Section of the American Political Science Association.
- Co-winner of the 2018 Sussex International Theory Prize, awarded for best piece of innovative theoretical research in International Relations by the Centre for Advanced International Theory (CAIT), University of Sussex
- Awarded the 2018 Yale H. Ferguson Award by the International Studies Association-Northeast Region, for the book that most advances the vibrancy of international studies as a pluralist discipline.
- Awarded the 2019 International Ethics Section Book award, of the International Studies Association, for best book published in the field of international ethics.
- Shortlisted for the 2018 C.B. Macpherson Prize by the Canadian Political Science Association.
PhD, University of Toronto
For more information, please see Catherine Lu's personal website.
International political theory; critical and normative theory on humanitarianism; intervention and the use of force in world politics; conceptions of justice and reconciliation; cosmopolitanism and its critics; structural injustice and colonial international order; and literature and philosophy.
- "Response to Critics: Responsibility, Structural Injustice, and Structural Transformation," Ethics & Global Politics 11, 1 (2018): 42-57. [Open access.]
- “Cosmopolitan Justice, Democracy and World Government,” Institutional Cosmopolitanism, Luis Cabrera ed. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018), 232-252.
- "Decolonizing Borders, Self-Determination, and Global Justice," Empire, Race and Global Justice, Duncan Bell ed., (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming February 2019).
- “The Right to Justification and the Good of Nonalienation,” in Justification and Emancipation: The Political Philosophy of Rainer Forst (Penn State Series in Critical Theory), ed. Eduardo Mendieta (Penn State University Press, forthcoming).