Please note that the SOUSA office will be closed on
Monday, May 20th due to a National Holiday.
The Science Office for Undergraduate Student Advising (SOUSA)
New Students' Registration Info:
- See our New Students page!
- Course registration for newly admitted students opens in June. See the schedule for when you can start registering.
- Note that course registration stays open all summer, but don't delay. Register early, you can make changes later if necessary.
- Register for both Fall and Winter terms.
- Having trouble registering for a course? See this list of people who can help. SOUSA advisors do not control access to courses.
- There are two kinds of academic advisors. You have access to both:
SOUSA advisors can help you with...
Freshman program advising, degree planning, degree requirements, University and Faculty regulations, study away/exchange, readmission, final exam issues, interfaculty transfers, etc.
SOUSA advisors cannot help you register for restricted or full courses, but they can direct you to the right person or office. You can also see the Departmental Contacts list for registration issues.
Program advisors can help you with...
Program (major, minor, etc.) requirements, getting the most out of your program, research, graduate school in their field, careers, etc.
Some advisors are also responsible for course registration issues (restrictions, full courses), but not all advisors do this. See the Departmental Contacts list for help with getting into specific courses.
Dawson Hall, room 405
853 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Except Wednesdays, when we open at 10:00
newstudentadvising.science [at] mcgill.ca (New students) and advisor.science [at] mcgill.ca (other enquiries).
New Students info page