- Brauner-Otto, Sarah
Research Areas: Demography, Family Sociology, Fertility, Macro-Micro Linkages, Environmental Sociology
- Cambrosio, Alberto (Social Studies of Medicine/Sociology)
Research Areas: Sociology of Biomedical Science, Medical Sociology
- Carmichael, Jason
Research Areas: Criminology, criminal justice, social control, punishment, social movements, political sociology and the sociology of law.
- Clark, Shelley (Leave Jan-June 18)
Research Areas: Social demography; family dynamics; child well-being; HIV/AIDS; adolescent transitions; and life course methods.
- Das, Aniruddha (Bobby)
Research Areas: Medical sociology, aging and life course, biodemography, gender and sex, quantitative methods, social networks, Natural Language Processing.
- Doering, Jan
Research Areas: Race, ethnicity, migration, microsociology, political sociology, qualitative methods, urban sociology
- Eidlin, Barry
Research Areas: Political sociology, economic sociology, organizations and institutions, comparative historical sociology, inequality and social policy, social theory, logic of inquiry, work, labor, social movements.
- Elrick, Jennifer
Research Areas: Immigration policy, race & ethnicity, international migration, immigrant incorporation, political sociology, qualitative methods
- Hall, John (James McGill Professor of Sociology) (Leave Sept 17-June 18 )
Research Areas: Political Sociology, Comparative/Historical Sociology, Theory
- Lange, Matthew (Leave Sept 17-Aug 18)
Research Areas: Development, Political Sociology, Comparative-Historical Sociology, and Ethnicity
- Le Bourdais, Céline (Canada Research Chair, Social Statistics and Family Change and Department Chair)
Research Areas: Family Change; Conjugal Histories; Fatherhood; Fertility; Work and Family Balance; Longitudinal Analysis; Family Policy.
- Pinard, Maurice (Emeritus)
Research Areas: Social Movements/Contentious Collective Action; Motivational Perspectives in Contentious Politics; Comparative Ethnopolitical Movements; Quebec Independence Movement; Electoral Politics
- Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie (Canada Research Chair, Policies and Health Inequalities; Joint with Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Occupational Health)
Research Areas: Social Demography, Quantitative Methods, Medical Sociology
- Roychowdhury, Poulami (Leave July 17-Feb 18)
Research Areas: Sociology of Sex and Gender; Political Sociology; Law and Human Rights; Political Economy of Development; Qualitative Methods
- Rytina, Steven (Post-Retirement Associate Professor)
Research Areas: Political Sociology, Mathematical Sociology, Stratification
- Shor, Eran (William Dawson Scholar)
Research Areas: Political Conflict and Human Rights; Terrorism and Counterterrorism; the Sociology of Health; Ethnicity and Nationalism; Determinants of Sexual Attraction; Media Coverage of Women and Ethnic Minorities; Meta-Analysis and Meta-Regression Methods.
- Smith, Michael (James McGill Professor of Sociology)
Research Areas: Social Organization, Economy and Society, Industrial Sociology
- Soehl, Thomas
Research Areas: International Migration, Comparative Race and Ethnicity, Political Attachments of Migrants, Cross-Border Connections, Intergenerational Processes in Migrant Families
- van den Berg, Axel
Research Areas: Theory, Political Sociology, Work and Labor Markets
- Vang, Zoua
Research Areas: Immigration, race and ethnic relations, residential segregation, neighborhood effects, racial/ethnic health disparities and immigrant health, mixed methods, and social policy
- Weiner, Elaine (Leave Jan-June 18)
Research Areas: Gender, Work, Culture, Citizenship and Political Economy, Development, Family, Sociology Theory, Qualitative Methods, Central and East European Societies.
- Weinfeld, Morton (Director - Canadian Ethnic Studies)
Research Areas: Race/Ethnic/Minority Relations, Education, Immigration/Multiculturalism
- jennifer.fishman [at] mcgill.ca (Jennifer Fishman)
- anthony.masi [at] mcgill.ca (Anthony Masi)
- Claudia Masferrer
- robert.whitley [at] mcgill.ca (Robert Whitley)