The 2017 Flu Campaign
For 2017-18, the annual flu vaccination campaign will be different from past years due to the restrictions imposed by the accessory fee law that was passed in Québec in January 2017. McGill Student Health can offer the vaccine free for those that meet at least one the Department of Public Health's Criteria. Also, students that require it for academic purposes (e.g within the health science faculties) are also eligible to receive the vaccine free of charge. Your faculty will inform you of the date and time of your scheduled appointment (mid-November).
McGill Student Health Services will not be able to provide the vaccine for those students who do not meet any of the criterias for the free shot due to recent legislation changes. However, you can pay to receive the flu shot at many local pharmacies, CIUSS locations, private clinics, and more:
- Pharmaprix's Flu Shot Finder page to book online.
- Jean Coutu's flu shot booking page to book online.
- Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS); If you don't know which is your CIUSS is, follow the link here (Québec Medicare card holders).
- Private laboratories/clinics e.g. Biron laboratories and CDL labs (for a fee).
- MUHC vaccination center (https://mcgill.ca/tropmed/pre-travel-clinic-0).
- To find a pharmacy or vaccination clinic nearest you, checkout vaccines411.
Eligible students may call Student Health as of December 8th to make an appointment for the week of December 11th-15th (514) 398-6017.