The 2018 Flu Campaign
For 2018-19, the annual flu vaccination campaign will be different from past years due to the restrictions imposed by the accessory fee law that was passed in Québec in January 2017. McGill Student Health can offer the vaccine free for those that meet at least one the Department of Public Health's Criteria. Also, students that require it for academic purposes (e.g within the health science faculties) are also eligible to receive the vaccine free of charge. Your health science faculty might be holding a special clinic so please contact your student affairs office for more information.
McGill Student Health Services will not be able to provide the vaccine for those students who do not meet any of the criterias for the free shot due to recent legislation changes. However, you can pay to receive the flu shot at many local pharmacies, CIUSS locations, private clinics, and more:
- Pharmaprix's Flu Shot Finder page to book online.
- Jean Coutu's flu shot booking page to book online.
- Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS); If you don't know which is your CIUSS is, follow the link here (Québec Medicare card holders).
- Private laboratories/clinics e.g. Biron laboratories and CDL labs (for a fee).
- MUHC vaccination center (https://mcgill.ca/tropmed/pre-travel-clinic-0).
- To find a pharmacy or vaccination clinic nearest you, check out vaccines411.
Eligible students may call Student Health at 514-398-6017 as of November 27, 2018 to make an appointment to get the flu shot in December 2018.