At McGill, you have plenty of choices to create a unique summer experience. Along with our regular courses offerings, you'll find a variety of special summer courses, credit and non-credit, offered in Montreal and abroad.
- Barbados Interdisciplinary Tropical Studies: McGill’s Bellairs Research Institute in Holetown, Barbados offers the Barbados Interdisciplinary Tropical Studies (BITS) program over 14 weeks in the summer.
- International Summer Program at the Desautels Faculty of Management: The International Summer Program at McGill's Desautels Faculty of Management provides international undergrads with an opportunity to gain North American perspectives on issues of global importance.
- Quebec Studies Program: The McGill Summer Institute for the Study of Montreal and Quebec offers an extraordinary opportunity to enhance your French communication skills and discover Quebec's vibrant culture in the largest French-speaking city in North America.
- Summer Institute in Classical Studies: The Institute offers students at all levels a unique opportunity to develop their understanding of the ancient world.
- Summer Language Immersion Programs: McGill offers a dynamic approach that will help you improve your English or French and open the door to economic and cultural opportunities. Our language programs offer more than just courses - they set the stage for an unforgettable life experience!
- Summer School in Greece: Spend June in one of Greece’s most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities with this joint summer program offered by McGill's Department of History and the International Hellenic University of Thessaloniki.
- Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering (SURE) Program: The Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering (SURE) offers an opportunity for students to work closely with a McGill Engineering professor on a research project for 16 weeks of the summer.
Summer Short Programs (McGill University School of Continuing Studies)
Visit the 2019 Summer Short Programs landing page to learn more about our offerings!
Current McGill students need to seek the approval of their Faculty to participate to the following programs:
- Exeter College in the University of Oxford (UK)
- International Security and Intelligence Programme and Conference (UK)
- The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Universidad de Piura (Peru)
- University of Kent Summer Schools (Brussels, Canterbury and Paris)
- Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (Peru)
- Pembroke College Cambridge (UK)
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (China)
- University College London (UK)
- Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment Summer School (University of Oxford - UK)
- Queen Mary University of London (UK)
Additional Summer opportunities are also offered by the McGill Abroad Office.