The application deadline for all academic programs offered at the School is the 15th of January of each year for the academic year beginning the following fall. Material can be submitted using uApply, McGill's online application system. Regardless of the program to which you are applying, you must submit a formal application on uApply. You will need a valid credit card to submit the application fee.
Click here to review the application procedures for the M.U.P. program.
- All programs offered by the School begin in the Fall term.
- The School does not offer an undergraduate program in Urban Planning.
- The School is not presently accepting applications for Ph.D. studies.
- Please ensure that you identify the correct program and term for which you seek admission; should you apply for the wrong term, you will have to reapply to select the correct term. The university is neither able to refund application fees nor to change applications to the correct term.
- We handle all admissions to our programs through a deliberative committee-based process. Please DO NOT contact individual faculty members with requests for information and/or to be given special consideration for admission to the MUP program.
If you have additional questions that are not answered on the School website, you can admissions.planning [at] mcgill.ca (email) us. Owing to the volume of correspondence we receive, however, please anticipate a delay of at least a week before you receive a response.
Please note that letters of reference can be submitted by referees until the end of January, but other required items must have been submitted by the applicants by the January 15th deadline!
Tuition, awards, and financial support
A schedule of current fees for graduate studies at McGill can be consulted here.
If you are applying for nomination as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar, please click here.
Outstanding entering and continuing students in all programs are eligible for certain internal and external fellowships to support their research and to offset their tuition costs. External fellowships can be obtained from granting agencies prior to admission or while in the program. Please see our FAQ page for further details.