E-mail: mandana.tavakolian [at] mail.mcgill.ca
- Developing antimicrobial surfaces
Controlled Release Systems
Current Research Project
- Developing antimicrobial wound dressing from wood fibers.
2016 - present Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, McGill University
2013 - 2015 M.Sc., Chemical Engineering. Sharif University of Technology, Iran
2008 - 2012 B.Sc., Chemical Engineering. Sharif University of Technology, Iran
List of Publications
- Tavakolian, M., Lerner, J., Medina, F., Frances, J., van de Ven, T. G., & Kakkar, A. Dendrimer directed assembly of dicarboxylated hairy nanocellulose. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, (2019).
- Tavakolian, M., Okshevsky, M., van de Ven, T. G., & Tufenkji, N. Developing antibacterial nanocrystalline cellulose using natural antibacterial agents. ACS applied materials & interfaces, 10(40), 33827-33838 (2018).
- Rad, M. H., Tavakolian, M., Najafi, I., Ghazanfari, M. H., Taghikhani, V., & Amani, M. Modeling the kinetics of asphaltene flocculation in toluene–pentane systems for the case of sonicated crude oils. Scientia Iranica, 20(3), 611-616 (2013).
Awards and Honours
Awarded McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA) for 3 years.
Ranked 5/140 among M.Sc. Chemical Engineering students based on cumulative GPA, Sharif University, class of 2015.
Ranked 5th (top 0.05%) among more than 10,000 participants in Iranian nation-wide universities entrance exam for M.Sc. degree.