E-mail: martin.sichinga [at] mail.mcgill.ca
- Value added cellulose derivatives
- Molecular modelling
- Environmental analytical chemistry and speciation
Current Research Project
Cellulose derivatives for oil scavenging.
2016 – present Ph.D., Chemistry Candidate, McGill University
2011 – 2013 MS.c., Chemistry, Acadia University
2007 – 2011 BS.c. Advanced Major, Chemistry, Mount Saint Vincent University
2001 – 2002 Science Education Diploma, Copperbelt Secondary Teachers’ College, Zambia
- M. Sichinga, J. Frazee and A. Z. Tong, Efficiency and kinetics in treatment of oily wastewater from garages and residential oil spills using membrane bioreactor technology, In Press, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, published online, (2015).
- Matta, C. F.; Sichinga, M.; Ayers, P. W. “Information theoretic properties from the quantum theory of atoms in molecules” Chemical Physics Letters 514, 379-383, (2011).
- 2012, CIS Academic All-Canadian for 2011-12 season
- 2011, The Susan Boyd Endowed Prize for Excellence in Chemistry
- 2009, MSVU International Student Emerging Leader Award