E-mail: roya.koshani [at] mcgill.ca
- Chemistry, structure and novel properties of cellulose nanoparticles
- Synthesis and functionalization of sustainable nanomaterials
- Enzyme-biopolymers/ colloids interaction
- Bioconjugation and crosslinking techniques
Current Research Project
- Chemistry and structure fundamentals of electrosterically stabilized nanocrystalline cellulose
- Electrosterically stabilized nanocrystalline cellulose-derived liquid crystal patterns
2014 - 2018 Ph.D., Food Chemistry, University of Tehran, Iran.
2011 - 2013 M.Sc., Food Science, Shiraz University, Iran.
2007 - 2011 B.Sc., Food Science and Technology, Islamic Azad University of Kazeroon, Iran.
- R. Koshani, T. van de Ven, A. Madadlou. (2018). “Characterization of Carboxylated Cellulose Nanocrystals Isolated through Catalyst-assisted H2O2 Oxidation in a One-Step Procedure”. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Journal), 66(29), 7692-7700.
- R. Koshani, & A. Madadlou. (2018). “A Viewpoint on the Gastrointestinal Fate of Cellulose Nanocrystals“. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 71, 268-273.
- L. Padehban, S. Ansari, R. Koshani. (2018). “Effect of Packaging Method, Temperature and Storage Period on Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Wild Almond Kernel“. Journal of Food Science & Technology, 55(9), 3408-3416.
- R. Koshani, M. Aminlari. (2017). “Physicochemical and Functional Properties of Ultrasonic-Treated Tragacanth Hydrogels Cross-Linked to Lysozyme”. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 103, 948-956.
- R. Koshani, M. Aminlari, M. Niakosari, A. Farahnaky, G. Mesbahi. (2015). “Production and Properties of Tragacanthin- conjugated Lysozyme as a New Multifunctional Biopolymer”. Food Hydrocolloids, 47, 69-78.
- R. Koshani, E. Ziaee, M. Niakousari, M. T. Golmakani. (2015). “Optimization of Thermal and Thermosonication Treatments on Pectin Methyl Esterase Inactivation of Sour Orange Juice (Citrus aurantium)”. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 39(6), 567-573.
- M. Mosavi-Nasab, M. J. Saharkhiz, E. Ziaee, F. Moayedi, R. Koshani, A. Rezvan. (2015). “Chemical Compositions and Antibacterial Activity of Five Selected Aromatic Plants Essential Oils against Food-Borne Pathogens and Spoilage Bacteria”. Journal of Essential Oil Research, 28(3), 241-251.
- Ranked 1/200 candidates in Iranian nation-wide universities entrance exam for Ph.D. degree.
- Ranked 67/1000 candidates in Iranian nation-wide universities entrance exam for M.Sc. degree.
- Ranked 3/300 candidates in Iranian nation-wide universities entrance exam entrance exam for B.Sc. degree.
- Ranked 2/115 in Faculty of Agriculture, (IAUK), Iran.