Please note that assessments for ADHD and other learning disabilities are offered by the Office for Students with Disabilities.
Examples of services you can receive from a...
- Pap test
- Prescriptions and renewals
- Referral to a specialist
- STI testing
- Any medical concern you may have
- Information and guidance for dietary choices (e.g. veganism, vegetarianism, etc.)
- Information on food and health for athletes
- General information on healthy eating
- Disordered eating (e.g. binge eating, obsessive thinking)
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Relationship troubles
- Substance use
- As well as referrals to a McGill psychiatrist
Psychiatrist (requires referral from a doctor or McGill counsellor)
- Diagnosis of mental illnesses (including, but not limited to depression, anxiety, eating disorders, bipolar and other mood disorders)
- Prescribing and monitoring of medication for a diagnosed mental illness
- Referrals to appropriate care, both on- and off-campus
Same-day appointments are available without an appointment with a doctor, nurse or counsellor.
All drop-ins begin being processed at 9 a.m. Please come in person to the Wellness Hub.
Since drop-ins fill up quickly, it's best to book an appointment if it isn't urgent.
To Book a Future Appointment
Please call 514-398-6017 (Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or come in person between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to make an appointment with any Hub professional.
If you're meeting a counsellor, you will be able to indicate if you’d like them to be:
- A particular gender
- Or to specialize in LGBTQ+ experiences
Preferences may impact your wait times.
To Cancel an Appointment
Please call 514-398-6017 (Monday to Friday from 10am to 3pm) to cancel an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. You may also cancel an appointment by emailing hub.clinic [at] mcgill.ca, but you must call or come in person to re-book.
See the fees table for late cancellation and no-show fees. Note that if your appointment is on Monday, you must cancel on Friday to avoid paying the fee.
Failing to cancel an appointment on time also means that your spot can't be given to another student.
We do our best to keep wait time information up-to-date.
Last updated: May 6, 2019. Wait times for the Hub will be updated as soon as possible.
If you'd like to transfer counsellors, please read more first.
The lab is only available to students who have obtained a requisition from medical staff at the Hub.
Brown Student Services Building, Waiting Area 4C (please head to the third floor of the Hub and use the stairs/elevators to access the Lab on the fourth floor)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., Monday to Friday
Blood-work hours: 10 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Monday to Friday
No appointment necessary.
Need a test when the lab is closed? You can visit one of these off-campus labs instead.