- Inouye, K. & McAlpine, L. (2017). Developing Scholarly Identity: Variation in Agentive Responses to Supervisor Feedback. Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice. Details TBD
- McAlpine, L., Wilson, N., Turner, G., Saunders, S., & Dunn, B. (in press). How might we better design our support for postdocs? International Journal for Academic Development.
- Emmioglu, E., McAlpine, L., & Amundsen, C. (in press). Doctoral students’ experiences of feelıng (or not) like an academic. International Journal of Doctoral Studies.
- Castello, M., McAlpine, L., & Pyhältö, K. (2017). Spanish and UK post-PhD researchers: Writing perceptions, well-being and productivity. Higher Education Research and Development.
- McAlpine, L., & Amundsen, C. (in press). Identity-trajectories: Ways of understanding post-PhD career choices. Basingstoke: Palgrave MacMillan.
An empirical, conceptual and methodological synthesis of the contribution of a 10-year longitudinal research program which followed 48 post-PhD scientists and social scientists, initially in two universities in Canada and two in the UK, as they took up a range of careers in over 36 institutions distributed globally.
- McAlpine, L. (in press). Postdoc trajectories: Making visible the invisible. In Jaeger, A. & Dinin, A. (Eds). The Landscape for Postdoctoral Fellows. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Castello, M., Pyhalto, K., & McAlpine, L. (in press). European cross-national mixed-method study on early career researcher experience. In Jaeger, A. & Dinin, A. (Eds). The Landscape for Postdoctoral Fellows. Amsterdam: Elsevier.