Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year are now open.
How to apply
Check the eligibility requirements before you apply.
To apply, log in to Minerva:
- Select the Financial Aid/Awards tab
- Click on the Financial Aid Menu
- Apply for McGill Financial Aid
- Apply to Work Study
- Update your financial aid profile
- Submit your application
Work Study does not guarantee employment as hiring decisions are made by participating employers.
When to apply
Applications open July 1 for the upcoming academic year and are assessed on a rolling basis, except during peak periods when recommended submission dates apply.
If you apply by early August you will know whether or not you have been accepted by the beginning of the Fall term and will have access to more jobs.
You must re-apply each year for Work Study participation.
Recommended submission dates: 2017–2018
|Applications submitted by:||Results posted by:|
|July 14, 2017||Week of August 13, 2017 (for a start date of September 3, 2017)|
|August 4, 2017||Week of September 3, 2017|
|August 18, 2017||Week of September 10, 2017|
|September 8, 2017||Week of September 24, 2017|
Applications submitted after the recommended dates will be assessed on a rolling basis.
You can check the results of your application on the accepted/refused list on or after the results posted by date above.
What happens next?
If you’ve been:
- accepted: you can find out about the next steps.
- refused: you can work.study [at] mcgill.ca (email the Work Study team) if your circumstances have changed or if you have additional information that you would like us to consider.