As Dean of McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management, I feel honoured and humbled to be part of this wonderful, diverse and international community.
Since 2005, our Faculty has undergone a great transformation thanks to the fantastic support of friends and alumni, and very generous gifts from Dr. Marcel Desautels and donors.
We made great strides in hiring faculty members from around the globe and we look forward to adding more world-class experts to our Faculty this year. Drawing from the expertise of professors and industry leaders, our thought leadership platform, Delve, offers accessible knowledge to inform and inspire decision-makers.
Our Career Services continue to be enhanced with dedicated advisers for each discipline. From the moment students enter our programs, they are assisted with career development, internships, job-searching strategies and employment opportunities. Our goal is to have every graduate leave Desautels prepared to make a game-changing impact on the world.
A mainstay of the McGill startup community, our impact through the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship has been unrivaled over the last years with 153 active startups, over 1,350 jobs created and $200 million raised to date in startup funding.
Our Bronfman Building has been fully renovated, and we expanded our footprint in Montreal in 2018 by opening the Donald E. Armstrong Building, which houses our MBA and specialized Masters programs.
Thanks to a donation of $25 million from the Bensadoun Family Foundation, in 2018, McGill opened the Bensadoun School of Retail Management: an inter-disciplinary, state-of-the-art school dedicated to all facets of the retail industry.
Each day, I feel privileged to work and interact with our outstanding professors, students, staff and alumni—it is our #DesautelsFamily and we look forward to making it yours as well.
Dean and Professor of Finance
Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University
- Les écoles de commerce pour réinventer l’« après », L'actualité (May 4, 2020)
- Businesses are on the front lines of the war against COVID-19, McGill Reporter (April 9, 2020)
- COVID-19: comment vivez-vous la crise? Les Affaires (April 4, 2020)
- In conversation with Isabelle Bajeux-Besnainou, Dean of the Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill Reporter (March 2, 2020)
- Interview with CTV News: Financial Literacy, CTV News (November 4, 2019)
- OPINION As household debt reaches precarious levels, Canadians need to take control of their financial lives, The Globe and Mail (October 31, 2019)
- Session 17 - vers une mondialisation des compétences ?, Les rencontres économiques d'Aix-en-Provence (July 6, 2019)
- Unleashing the potential of MSMEs, UN Web TV (July 2, 2019)
- Established and Evolving, BizEd - AACSB International (July 1, 2019)
- Retail’s success hinges on improving the shopping experience, The Globe and Mail (February 27, 2019)
- A Billionaire Starts a Retail Management School at McGill University, Bloomberg (January 25, 2019)
- Opinion | Davos 2019 : repenser l’expérience du retail, Les Echos (January 23, 2019)
- McGill at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, McGill Reporter (January 21, 2019)
- Why management school is the key to advancing your management career, We Are The City (January 7, 2019)
- Dobson Cup receives $4-million contribution from National Bank, McGill Reporter (November 19, 2018)
- McGill University launches Aldo Bensadoun School of Retail Management, Gulf News (November 18, 2018)
- Open for business: Bensadoun School of Retail Management dedicated to the future of retail, McGill Reporter (November 16, 2018)
- How AI can spot exam cheats and raise standards, Financial Times (August 19, 2018)
- We’ve had to prepare for jobs that don’t exist yet before, Fast Company (July 12, 2018)
- Meet Canada’s trailblazing female business school deans, Financial Times (June 17, 2018)
- S'attaquer aux préjugés à l'université, La Presse (April 5, 2018)
- Accélérer la naissance d'entreprises, Radio-Canada (March 16, 2018)
- 8e place mondiale pour le Centre Dobson de l’Université McGill en incubation d’entreprises, Radio Canada International (March 8, 2018)
- Boundary blurs between campus and online MBAs, Financial Times (March 5, 2018)
- Notre société bouleversée et le rôle primordial des écoles de commerce, Huffington Post (January 31, 2018)
- What Female Deans Want MBA Women In The Class of 2017 To Know, Poets & Quants (June 7, 2017)
- Opinion: McGill can help retail sector thrive amid change, Montreal Gazette (June 4, 2017)
- Dean’s Q&A: Isabelle Bajeux-Besnainou Of McGill’s Desautels School, Poets & Quants (May 23, 2017)
- Le cadeau de 25 millions d’Aldo, La Presse (May 13, 2017)
- Aldo shoe empire founder donates $25-million to McGill, The Globe and Mail (May 12, 2017)
- Le fondateur d'Aldo donne 25 millions à McGill, La Presse (May 12, 2017)
- Le bon plan de la Desautels Faculty of Management, au Québec, Le Monde (November 21, 2016)
- New Desautels Dean: Gender Is Irrelevant, Poets & Quants (October 4, 2016)
- School diversity is an asset, Financial Times (January 22, 2016)
- Une Française devient la première doyenne de la faculté de gestion de l’Université McGill, Le Figaro (July 16, 2015)
- First female dean appointed at McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management, EducationDIVE (July 17, 2015)
- McGill Desautels Appoints New Permanent Dean: MBA News, QS TopMBA (May 5, 2015)