This pages contains resources for current Counselling Psychology students. Referee? Visit the Referees page for forms and instructions.
The Counselling Psychology Program Handbook is a student's first and most important resource during their studies in our program. It contains all the important information on student evaluation, practicum/internships, contact information, and required program-related form
Note: the handbook is regularly updated; it is recommended not to save a copy on your computer but to access the online version instead.
Counselling Psychology On-Site Hours Log
Below you will find the spreadsheet used by supervisors and students for logging on-site student hours. Also below is a categories descriptions document for assistance in determining how to accurately log activities and a document explaining how to format the Excel sheet to fit on one printed page, should you have trouble doing so.
When filling out the log, please make sure that the weeks on the spreadsheet (in red) correspond to the Mondays of each week for the applicable semester the log is used for and that the semester is indicated along the top.
MEMO FOR STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS - October 3, 2014
Changes to the Logging Form
- Cells for trainee, course, semester, supervisor and site identification information, as well as test name and type information, that must be completed by the student are now formatted with red text and yellow highlighting. Entering the requested information in each cell will automatically revert the cell to standard black and white formatting.
- Semester/Year values and Treatment Setting information must be selected from drop-down lists.
- Log category instructions are now included as comments embedded within each worksheet. Move the pointer over any cell containing a red tab in the top right corner to reveal a brief description of the activities that should be logged under that category.
- Page layouts are now set by default to print worksheets on three portrait oriented pages. Margins and scaling no longer need to be adjusted to fit the worksheet onto one page; instead, simply print the desired worksheet as-is.
- The spreadsheet file now includes an "Instructions" tab which contains the information from the "Logging Instructions Form".
Changes to the Logging Instructions Form
Most of the changes to the instruction form are minor and we hope they will make the instructions clearer. The more prominent changes have to do with:
- The rephrasing of the definitions for “consultation,” of which there are three different types.
- The clarification of the process for logging the number of clients for “other psychological interventions.”
- The splitting of the Woodcock Johnson III Test of Cognitive Abilities and Test of Achievement.
- The clarification of how internship students are supposed to submit their logging hours. (i.e., to their site supervisor vs. their McGill supervisor).
- Counselling Psychology On-Site Hours Log (updated October 2014) [.xls]
- Log Formatting Guide for Printing [.pdf]
- Log Category Instructions (updated January 2014) [.pdf]
- Appendix A _ EDPC 679/685 MA Internship Placement Form
- Appendix B _ Equivalence/Exemption Form
- Appendix C _ EDPC 679/685 MA Internship
- Appendix D _ MA Interim Evaluation Questionnaire
- Appendix E _ EDPC 679/685 MA Internship End of Term Evaluation
- Appendix F _ EDPC 782,783,784 Fieldwork Placement Form
- Appendix G _ EDPC 782 Doctoral Field Experience Trainee Eval Form
- Appendix H _ EDPC 783 Doctoral Field Placement Trainee Eval Form
- Appendix I _ EDPC 784 Doctoral Field Placement Trainee Eval Form
- Appendix J _ Comprehensive Examination Form
- Appendix K _ EDPC 786 Thesis Research Proposal Defense Form
- Appendix L _ Doctoral Comprehensive Exam Grading Rubric
- Appendix M _ EDPC 795 Doctoral Internship Trainee Evaluation Form
Jump back to main Counselling Psychology program page.