The Exam Office of Enrolment Services provides exam scoring services for exams or research projects that are composed of multiple-choice questions, and submitted on black and white answer sheets.
Expected turnaround for exam scoring is:
- Peak periods (final and midterm exams): 3-5 working days from the date the answer sheets are received
- Non-peak periods: 2-3 working days from the date the answer sheets are received.
Note: Exams are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Submit an exam for scoring
- Go to the Exam Office (3415 McTavish, Room MS-72), open 9-5pm Monday to Friday
- Complete an Exam Scoring Request Form
- Provide the exam answer key
- And the completed answer sheets
NOTE: We need an answer key for every version of the exam.
After you submit the exam, you will receive an email at your McGill e-mail address to advise you that the exam scoring has been completed and statistical reports are ready for viewing and download in Minerva. View a sample (do not contain real data) of the Condensed Test Report and the Test Statistics Report.
IMPORTANT: Multiple-choice exam scoring is limited to two runs:
- Your reports will be available in Minerva after the first run.
- Once you have reviewed the content, you can examscoring.es [at] mcgill.ca (e-mail us) any changes, which will be included for the second run.
- Refreshed reports will be available in Minerva after the second run.
Please pick up your answer sheets within 2 weeks after exam scoring has been completed.
Note: you must hand in the pink copy of the Exam Scoring Request form to pick up the answer sheets.
Students must use a lead pencil to mark their answers and not ink. They must blacken the entire circle and completely erase any mark they wish to change.
When submitting an exam for scoring:
- Make sure the answer sheets are clean and not crumpled.
- Make sure all the answer sheets are facing the same direction (This is your responsibility).
- The answer key (the answer sheet with the correct responses) should be the first sheet(s).
You can purchase multiple-choice exam answer sheets (must have the student's 9-digit ID number) through:
Frequently Asked Questions
Use these forms to indicate the method of evaluation for final exams scheduled during the final exam period.
Please select your Faculty or School:
Use this form to indicate the instructor and the associate examiner contact information for final exams.