The McGill University Department of Family Medicine is a world-leader in primary care education and research. We are home to an exceptional community of primary health care professionals, researchers, residents, students and support staff.
Our mission is to contribute to the health of the population and the sustainability of the healthcare system in Quebec, in Canada, and internationally.
- Training residents and medical students, nurse practitioners
- Promoting innovation and quality improvement in clinical care and health services
- Promoting innovation in curriculum and education
- Training clinician-educators
- Educating teachers through faculty development
- Developing research and scholarly activity
- New knowledge and its application (KTE)
- Training researchers
- Engaging in international and global health
The Department has created a cross-cutting initiative, McGill Family Medicine Innovations in Learning, to promote innovation in teaching, learning, and curriculum design by creating forward thinking, interactive approaches to education and by supporting leadership in family medicine and primary care at McGill and around the world.