This message is sent out on behalf of Linda Augello, Associate Director, Research Grants & Contracts, CFI, Research Financial Management Services, Financial Services
Please take note of the following updates in regards to the eligibility of student awards on the FRQ-S “subvention d’etablissement” grants (also referred to as the “Starting Grant for New Investigators” on the FRQ-S page):
- All subvention d’etablissement grants awarded to McGill University by FRQ-S on July 1, 2018 and onwards
- Student awards are not allowed
- All subvention d’etablissement grants awarded to McGill University by FRQ-S before July 1, 2018 (ex. July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2020)
- Student awards are allowed for the entire period of the grant as the rules were not in effect at the time the grant was awarded
- Researchers are not permitted to spend the entire grant on
- In June 2020, should the researcher has an unspent balance and requests an extension from FRQ-S, student awards will no longer be eligible as of the approved extension date
For more information, please refer to this FRQ-S website, Section 9: Starting Grant for New Investigators – Junior 1.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at researchadministrator.osr [at] mcgill.ca.