Banner INB has four major administrative systems:
- Financial Information System (FIS)
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Student Information System (SIS)
- Financial Aid and Awards System (FAA)
For Banner INB access:
- Complete Banner Introduction course (GEN 300)
- Attend any required Banner courses in Finance, Human Resources or Student Information System as listed below on this page.
- Go to the login page to view your Banner UserID and create your Banner password as well as how to log in to Banner INB.
For Minerva access:
- If you will only be using the Minerva self-service interface to Banner, you may be exempted from GEN 300, but you must fill out the appropriate System Authorization Form, as described in the table below.
System courses and authorization forms
|For access to ...||1- Attend...||2 - Fill in ...|
|Any Banner INB system||GEN 300 - Banner Introduction course
Prerequisite for access to any Banner system
|Financial Information System||FIS 301 or FIS 330
Ask your supervisor.
Budget Module Access Request Form
Data Warehouse Request for FIS
|Human Resources Information System (HRIS)||Access for:
Query: HRIS 343
POPS: HRIS 347
|HRIS Authorization (under Get Access)
Banner POPS Authorization (under System Access)
Data Warehouse Request for HRIS
|Student Information System (SIS)||Take the required SIS course(s)||Go to the SIS Authorization Forms web page, click on the authorization form, and log in with your McGill credentials. Note: Also provides access to the SIS Data Warehouse but not to Student Accounts.
See also SIS access removal form
|Accounts Receivable system (for Student Accounts & Finance AR)||Student Accounts access for:
Query: OLC - SIS 394
Finance AR: One-on-one training with Accounts Receivable Supervisor
|Financial Aid and Awards (FAA)
also known as BSAC (Banner Student Aid Canada)
|None||FAA Processing/BSA Authorization on the Student Funding site|