An Education degree opens up a world of possibilities. Classroom teaching is only one of many areas where our graduates can apply their knowledge and talents in building their careers. We identify and promote emerging and diverse opportunities in education, and encourage our students to gain experience outside the classroom with the goal of helping them explore career options beyond traditional teaching.
Worldwide Career Opportunities
Expanding your geographical career horizon. We offer numerous opportunities for our students to meet and interact with international employers, including providing workshops related to full-time and summer employment opportunities, as well as seminars with skilled professionals with international field work or volunteer experience.
Equipping your professional toolkit. Today’s market requires that graduates be familiar with a wide range of tools and technologies, in addition to being aware of their rights and responsibilities as educators. We offer complementary skill development workshops designed to assist students to improve their marketability and ensure a smooth and confident transition into the workforce.
We offer individual career advising sessions by appointment only. Students see Career Advisors for many reasons, including:
- Job search strategies (full-time, part-time and summer jobs)
- CV and cover letter review
- Professional portfolio and LinkedIn profile review
- International teaching and volunteer opportunities
- Teaching application process (local and international)
- Alternative careers in education
- Interview preparation/mock (practice) interview
- Graduate school applications
- Job offers and salary negotiation
- Careers in various industries
To schedule a career advising appointment:
- Call the Education Career Advisor at 514.398.2484
- Email (include 2-3 possible meeting times): career.education [at] mcgill.ca
- Come in person to the Internships and Student Affairs Office counter (Education building, room 243)