Media Relations Office
info.communications [at] mcgill.ca
James Administration Building
845 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0G4
About McGill Media Relations
Who we are
An experienced and dedicated news team responsible for sharing McGill’s newsworthy activities and discoveries with a wider audience, including the media.
What We Do
- Share McGill’s research, community partnerships and newsworthy discoveries, events and expertise with the media and the general public;
- Respond to media inquiries and interview requests;
- Manage McGill's main social media accounts and provide social media guidance to other units;
- Provide media services to members of the community, including writing press releases, giving media training to faculty and graduate students (including social media training), and by providing advice about writing and placing op-eds;
- Manage McGill’s bank of photo images and respond to internal and media photo requests;
- Assist film and TV crews with their requests;
- Handle public relations for major announcements, news conferences and symposia;
- Provide a daily news digest (internal);
- Share information with the media and public in emergencies and crisis situations.
Follow us on Twitter at @mcgillu.
The Media Relations Office helps the University disseminate information about major research, publications, breakthroughs and any other news stories of broader interest to the public.
The MRO is available for all press and broadcast enquiries about the University and the community. The Communications Officers have specific areas of responsibility, using their expertise to link the media to experts and researchers on a wide range of topics.
Our team is happy to assist journalists and researchers. Please contact us for background on particular stories, to arrange interviews with our faculty, photo requests or for information about filming on campus.
The team updates Newsroom daily with McGill experts willing to speak on any given topic including suggestions for the news of the day. This office also organizes press conferences, promotes research, events, university news, offers media-relations support across McGill and manages McGill’s main social media accounts.
christopher.chipello [at] mcgill.ca (Christopher Chipello)
|maria.naso [at] mcgill.ca (Maria Naso)
Events/room bookings | Photos | Filming on campus (permission required)
|Media relations/communications officers|
jessica.goodsell [at] mcgill.ca (Jessica Goodsell)
cynthia.lee [at] mcgill.ca (Cynthia Lee)
katherine.gombay [at] mcgill.ca (Katherine Gombay)
vincent.allaire [at] mcgill.ca (Vincent Allaire) (on leave until Jan. 2019)
justin.dupuis [at] mcgill.ca (Justin Dupuis)
mona.noonoo [at] mail.mcgill.ca (Mona Noonoo)
(For other Communications contacts, please visit the Communications and External Relations website).