The Industry Partnerships team is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to an information session on the PROMPT Grant Program in the James Administration Building, Room 301 .
The information session will include:
- A presentation by PROMPT representatives about Prompt program and brief overview of the ENCQOR 5G
- A question and answer period.
PROMPT was created in 2003 as a non-profit organization dedicated to facilitating partnerships and R & D financing between businesses and the public research sector primarily in Information and Communication Technologies sector, from hardware to software, as well as in components, networks and applications.
Prompt’s field of activity:
- Wireless and 5G
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Advanced Optics
- Intelligent Cities and Transport
- Digital Aircraft
- Health IT
- Photonics Optics
- Cyber Security
- 3D Simulation and Virtual Reality
Prompt’s mandate includes:
- Promoting cooperation among researchers to develop large-scale research projects in their field of activity, including pooling of human resources and of existing infrastructure.
- Building support for existing industry through precompetitive research or through research aimed at product development.
- Creating an optimal scientific and technological environment to attract new businesses and highly qualified personnel.
- Fostering the emergence of spin-off companies.
- One of the coordinating partners for ENCQOR 5G – pre-commercial collaborative platform for 5G-based research projects
For more information, please contact Jennifer Clarke in the Industry Partnerships unit
Please RSVP by February 8 at 12:00 pm