Science, Sex, and Gender
Learn from McGill scientists about gender’s many ragged edges:
- Chemistry and gender
- Sexual and natural selection
- Gender and aggression
- Genetics and sexual conflict
Mini-Science is a unique five-week public lecture series organized by the Faculty of Science. Be educated by some of the University’s top professors! The series starts with ‘Dr. Joe’ from the Office of Science and Society on chemistry, love, and gender, and concludes with Andrew Hendry’s talk about sexual and natural selection. No science background is required. There is no homework and no exam.
This Mini-Science series is made possible through the generous support of Dr. Lorne Trottier.
Time and location:
- Five consecutive Thursday evenings, from March 14 to April 11, 2013
- 6:00 PM — Registration and refreshments
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM — Lecture with Q&A
- Room 151, Ground floor of Bronfman Building. 1001 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal. [map]
- $114.97 for the series ($100 + GST/PST).
- $68.98 for students and seniors ($60 + GST/PST).
- Registration for the series is now closed.
- No refunds after March 7, 2013.
- Underground parking available in Bronfman Garage [map] accessible from the lanes off Peel and McTavish Streets, just north of Sherbrooke Street. There is no elevator access to the garage but there is a staircase leading up to the ground floor of the Bronfman Building. There is a pay station machine in the garage which accepts cash or credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) for parking. There is also a machine at the exit which accepts credit card payment. A customer must press the green button on the entry terminal inside the garage to get an entry ticket and pay for this when leaving at either the pay station or exit terminal. Please note that the exit terminal does not issue a receipt.
- Lectures will be presented in English mais nous vous invitons à poser vos questions en français.
- mini.science [at] mcgill.ca (Send us an email) or
- Phone us at 514-398-8886