Welcome to our student-run site for student associations, chapters, and groups at the McGill School of Information Studies.
On this site:
- MISSA - McGill Information Studies Student Association: helps coordinate student activities and ensures that student concerns are made known to the School, the Faculty, and McGill University. Publishes the Beyond the Shelf blog.
- ABQLA - L'Association des bibliothécaires du Québec Library Association Student Chapter: helps SIS students get more connected to the Montréal and Québec library scene, whether for the short term while in school or with a long-term career in mind.
- ACA - Association of Canadian Archivists McGill Student Chapter: seeks to foster awareness, advocacy and professional development within a Canadian archival context.
- AMIA - Association of Moving Image Archivists McGill Student Chapter: creates opportunities for SIS students to engage in the study and preservation of audiovisual materials.
- ASIS&T - Association for Information Science & Technology McGill Student Chapter: brings together student members to participate in information science programs.
- CAPAL - Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians: The CAPAL student chapter at McGill provides a community for SIS students interested in academic librarianship, and helps students to become active in the field of academic librarianship before graduation.
- CBPQ - Corporation des bibliothécaires profesionnels du Québec
- LWB - Librarians Without Borders McGill Student Chapter
- SLA - McGill Special Libraries Association McGill Student Chapter: made up of students with an interest in corporate information centres, government libraries, etc. or, as they have been called, "special" libraries.
In addition to groups listed on this site, SIS students are fee-paying members PGSS.