25 November 2019: Designing Sustainable Tax Systems
Fall 2019 Tax Policy Colloquium at McGill Law: Designing Sustainable Tax Systems
Professor Christians' tax policy course will incorporate a colloquium on current issues of national and international tax policy. The theme of this year’s colloquium is Designing Sustainable Tax Systems. The distinguished speakers who will contribute to this year’s colloquium include:
- 30 September: Rita De La Feria, Professor and Chair in Tax Law, University of Leeds.
- 7 October: Eric Zolt, Michael H. Schill Distinguished Professor of Law, UCLA
- 28 October: Rebecca Kysar, Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law
- 4 November: Tarcísio Magalhães, Postdoctoral researcher, McGill Faculty of Law
- 11 November: Karen Brown, Theodore Rinehart Professor of Business Law, George Washington School of Law
- 18 November: Karie Davis-Nozemack, Associate Professor, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business.
All talks will take place 15h-17h at McGill's Faculty of Law, 3644 Peel Street, New Chancellor Day Hall, room 316. All are welcome to attend.
The colloquium is made possible by a grant from Spiegel Sohmer. The land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Kanien’keha:ka (Mohawk), a place which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange amongst nations.