If you know of a resource which should be listed here, please submit the URL to areed [at] div.harvard.edu.
For information on individual religious traditions, please see the McGill Faculty of Religious Studies Online resources.
- United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948
- Declarations of Religious Freedom
Includes pertinent excerpts of the US Constitution, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Declaration of the Parliament of the World's Religions, the Pope's Declaration on Religious Freedom (Dignitatis Humanae), as well as many UN and international documents.
- Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993
- University of Minnesota Human Rights Library
This searchable site includes bibliographies on human rights, as well as an extensive collection of documents pertinent to all aspects of human rights.
- The Freedom Forum First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt University
A "forum for dialogue, discussion and debate on free expression and freedom of information issues", which includes numerous documents and articles pertaining to both the current status of and historical background to religious freedom, as well as freedom of speech and of the press. Features a religion-related Supreme Court files.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
A site dedicated to exposing religious hatred and misinformation and fostering religious tolerance through the dissemination of information.
- The International Study Commission on Media, Religion and Culture
An organisation intended to facilitate continuing dialog and to stimulate and support both scholarship and media production in the intersecting areas of media, religion and culture. Site features many on-line articles on religion and the media.
- Religion or Belief Information Network (ROBIN)
An information network, reporting on issues relating to freedom of religion or belief and public policy, and committed to furthering support for the 1981 United Nations Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief. Site includes a human rights document library.
- Religious Freedom Homepage
A non-denominational web site which provides historical background and readable access to established laws that protect the right of religious freedom. Includes an alphabetical listing of all countries of the world, which highlights countries in which religious liberties are guaranteed by law, and has links to the pertinent excerpts of these laws.
- ORIGIN, The Meeting Place of Religions
A project that works to build the relationship between traditions, towards "empowering their common objectives, while preserving their authenticity and unique individuality".
- Church-State Academic papers; The Establishment Clause, Religious Liberty
Political science papers dealing with the relationship of Church and State, and Religious Liberty.
- Separation of Church and State Home Page
- Global Ethic
Berkeley Area Interfaith Council.
- Global Ethic Foundation
A website for religious harmony.
- Institut fur okumenische Forschung
Insitute for Ecumenical Research, Universitat Tubingen.
- Institute for Interreligious, Intercultural Dialogue
- Religions Working Together
- Earth Religions Legal Assistance Network
- Center for Law and Religious Freedom
The home page of the religious advocacy and information arm of Christian Legal Society, which is dedicated to "defending the religious liberty of people of all faiths".
A group whose purpose is to "promote understanding and goodwill between members of all faiths, religions, and spiritual philosophies without assertion of inferiority against any group".