- Licensing & conditions of use of library resources
- McGill Policy on Copyright
- McGill Policy on Inventions and Software
- Société québécoise de gestion collective des droits de reproduction (COPIBEC)
Information on the "reproduction of copyrighted works by Quebec universities"
- Copyright Act of Canada / Droit d'auteur
- A Guide to Copyright / Le guide du droit d'auteur
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
Re: patents, trademarks, and copyright. Includes a searchable Canadian Copyrights Database.
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO)
- World Intellectual Property Database
- Creative Commons
Non-profit organization attempting to build "upon the 'all rights reserved' of traditional copyright to create a voluntary 'some rights reserved' copyright."
Questions concerning copyright or other licensing issues may be sent to copyright [at] mcgill.ca.
McGill users also are urged to refer to complementary policies such as the Policy on the Responsible Use of McGill Information Technology Resources. McGill users are individually responsible for complying with the terms outlined in these policies.
Please note: you should not consider the above information to be legal advice (the application of law to a specific set of circumstances). Contact a lawyer who specializes in copyright law if you want a professional opinion about how copyright law applies to your particular fact pattern.