|Final Semester||I expect my courses to be completed by...||Deadline to apply on Minerva||Bachelor of Commerce "granted" will appear on your record at...||Convocation Ceremony|
|Winter||April||End of February||End of May||June|
|Summer||August||End of March||End of October||October/November|
|Fall||December||End of November||End of February||June|
How to Apply for Graduation!
- You must be in U3 to apply.
- Visit the Minerva website.
- Log in using your McGill ID number and PIN.
- Select the Student Menu.
- Select the Student Records Menu.
- Apply for Graduation for Your Primary Curriculum (1st degree);
- Select your expected final semester of study.
- If your Minerva record indicates that you are in your U3 year of study and you are blocked from selecting or changing your graduation term on Minerva, you must contact the BCom Office.
- Double check to see that the correct graduation term appears on the upper-right hand corner of your record by going to Student Menu > Student Records Menu > View Your Unofficial Transcript.
- Go to Student Menu > Personal Menu > Addresses and Phones
Note: any unresolved grades of L (deferred exam), K or KE (an extension to submit work) will postpone your graduation.
- The minimum CGPA required to graduate is 2.0.
- Those pursuing an Honours or Joint Honours program must have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and must fulfill the specific program GPA requirements for their programs, a B- must be achieved in all the courses which count towards this program.
- Ensure that you have a minimum of 120 credits.
- Advanced Standing or Transfer Credits that do not appear on your Minerva record cannot be used to complete program or graduation requirements.
- For questions about outstanding Transfer Credits completed during your Degree, please contact the BCom office.
- Your graduation will be postponed if you have unresolved Transfer Credit issues.
Examples of holds:
- Document Deficient
- Tuition Hold
- Other: Library Fees, Permanent Code, etc.
- 'I' flags (courses included in credits and GPA)
- 'E' flags (courses excluded from credits and GPA)
- 'A' flags (courses excluded from credits but included in GPA)
This can occur if you have:
- taken a course that is not approved for your degree.
- repeated a course that is considered equivalent to one you have already completed.
- two courses on your transcript that have the same course number.
- Ensure that you have declared the correct programs on Minerva to avoid having your record reviewed for the wrong program and avoid having fees charged by Enrolment Services for a late program change. If necessary, correct your program selection as soon as possible on Minerva. If you are blocked from making program changes on Minerva, contact the BCom office immediately.
- If you're completing a minor, please make sure to submit a Minor Approval Form to the BCom office ONLY if your degree evaluation indicates that your minor is NOT met and you have taken all the required courses. This form must be signed by the Minor dept. advisor and then submitted to the BCom office.
- A course can only count towards one program of study.
- All required and complementary courses used to fulfil program requirements must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Courses in which you have received a final grade of D can count for elective credit only. If you repeat a course you have previously completed with a final grade of D, you will not earn an additional three credits when repeating the course.
- We do not send an email confirming you have met your requirements to graduate.
- You can view the status of your graduation by clicking on Student Menu > Student Records Menu > Graduation Approval Query according to the timeline indicated below:
- Review Period Timeline
- Winter semester - Early to end of May
- Summer semester - End of September to end of October
- Fall semester - End of January to mid-February
- Review Period Timeline
- IMPORTANT: If you check your Minerva graduation record before the dates listed above, you may receive a message stating your record is not active!
- Please check the Graduation Approval Query on Minerva regularly during the review period. The BCom office will first review your record and once graduation requirements have been met (and all your grades are posted), the graduation module on Minerva will indicate "Approved"
- You will be contacted via your McGill account during the review period, only if problems arise. Please keep checking your McGill email regularly during this period to avoid a delay in the review of your graduation.
- If you have any questions or concerns please visit us in the BCom office (Bronfman building Room 110).
- Should you require a letter testifying to the fact that you have graduated or you are graduating for any reason (i.e. employer, visa etc). you can contact Service Point to request a letter proving that you have met your graduation requirements but your degree have not yet been conferred.