Decisions regarding missing midterm exams are the responsibility of the BCom Office. The alternative assessment is determined by the instructor. This online application must be completed no later than 5 working days after the exam.
The following reasons are generally accepted, provided proper documentation:
- Religious conflict
- Death in the family
- Serious illness/accident in the family
- Intercollegiate event
- Job interview
- Faculty-sponsored events held outside of Montreal
The following reasons are generally not accepted.
- Travel not related to above issues, such as family birthdays, reunions, vacations.
- Two exams on the same day.
- Misreading of the course outline.
- Having many other exams / assignments in the same week.
- Obligations to student clubs or sports teams other than intercollegiate events discussed above.
- Employment obligations.