This web page is intended to provide currently registered and newly admitted Master's and Ph.D. students with a quick reference for deadlines and links to detailed information.
If you have comments or suggestions, grad.ece [at] mcgill.ca (email) us.
Below are award competitions currently in progress. For more information on funding available to graduate students, see Funding Opportunities.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Canadian, permanent residents and international student are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS. Please refer to the email sent to all ECE graduate students on May 17, 2019.
- June 3, 2019 - deadline to submit CV and evidence of leadership by email to department.
- July 15, 2019 - deadline for invited applicants to submit hard copy of on-line application to ECE Graduate Program Office for further department consideration.
- September 19, 2019 - deadline for recommended applicants to submit on-line application via ResearchNet.
Please see GPS website for full details: https://mcgill.ca/gps/funding/students/vanier
PBEEE - Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students (Postdoctoral and Short-term Reseacher)
For international postdoctoral students and short-term researchers. Candidates may not be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- July 15, 2019: Deadline to submit Eligibility Screening Form, Pre-Selection application, copies of transcripts, proof of citizenship, reference letters and offer letter to ECE Graduate Programs Office (gradadministrator.ece [at] mcgill.ca).
- November 1, 2019 (to be confirmed): Deadline for nominated candidates to submit online application and original, supporting hard-copy documents to Agency.
Please see GPS website for full details: https://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/fac-staff/awards/pbeee
Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel (GREAT) Awards
The deadline to submit an application for the GREAT award is as follows:
- July 31 - for conference presentations held September 1 to December 31, inclusive.
- November 30 - for conference presentations held January 1 to April 30, inclusive.
- March 31 - for conference presentations held May 1 to August 31, inclusive.
Should the deadline fall on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the following working day. See https://www.mcgill.ca/ece/graduate/fellowshipsandawards for details and application form.
For a detailed list of dates and deadlines concerning registration, lectures, exams, etc. for the academic year, see Important Dates for Students
The supervisor together with the student (M.Eng. and Ph.D.) must complete a Research Progress Tracking Form [PDF] and submit it to the ECE Graduate Programs Office, McConnell Room 633 on May 31st of each year.
Orientation for all new* graduate students who are starting in Fall 2019 will be held in September 2019 (date TBD). Attendance is mandatory. More information will be sent to students by email.
*New students to McGill and/or McGill students starting a new graduate program.
Newly admitted students for September 2019 - must register for the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms between July 3 and August 14, 2019, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Fall 2019-Winter 2020 New Students [PDF] for details.
Current (returning) students - must register for the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms between April 2 and August 14, 2019, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Fall 2019-Winter 2020 Returning Students [PDF] for Details.
Newly admitted students for January 2019 - must register for the Winter 2019 term between December 4, 2018 and January 7, 2019, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Winter 2019 - New Students [PDF] for details.