This web page is intended to provide currently registered and newly admitted Master's and Ph.D. students with a quick reference for deadlines and links to detailed information.
If you have comments or suggestions, grad.ece [at] mcgill.ca (email) us.
Below are award competitions currently in progress. For more information on funding available to graduate students, see Funding Opportunities.
NSERC Doctoral Fellowships
To be considered eligible for support you must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Please refer to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website or the NSERC website for detailed information and to the email sent to all ECE graduate students on September 13, 2017.
The deadline to submit your application and supporting documents to the ECE Graduate Programs Office, McConnell Room 633 is: October 2, 2017
- Enter on your application the email caroline.brown [at] mcgill.ca as the person responsible for uploading transcripts.
- Submit one (1) hard copy of your application and supporting documents to the Graduate Programs Office, McConnell Room 633 by the deadline above.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Canadian, permanent residents and international student are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS. Please refer to the email sent to all ECE graduate students on May 16, 2017.
- June 12, 2017 - deadline to submit CV and evidence of leadership by email to department.
- August 14, 2017 - deadline for invited applicants to submit hard copy of on-line application to ECE Graduate Program Office for further department consideration.
- September 21, 2017 - deadline for recommended applicants to submit on-line application via ResearchNet.
Please see GPS website for full details: http://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/students/vanier
PBEEE/FQRNT(DE) - Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students
For international doctoral students, postdoctoral students and short-term researchers. Candidates may not be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- June 29, 2017: Deadine to submit Eligibility Screening Form, Pre-Selection application and copies of transcripts to ECE Graduate Programs Office (caroline.brown [at] mcgill.ca).
- November 1, 2017 (to be confirmed): Deadline for nominated candidates to submit online application and original, supporting hard-copy documents to Agency.
Please see GPS website for full details: http://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/international/pbeee
For a detailed list of dates and deadlines concerning registration, lectures, exams, etc. for the academic year, see Important Dates for Students
The supervisor together with the student (M.Eng. and Ph.D.) must complete a Research Progress Tracking Form [PDF] and submit it to the ECE Graduate Programs Office, McConnell Room 633 on May 31st of each year.
Orientation for all new* graduate students who are starting in Fall 2017 will be held on September 12, 2017. Attendance is mandatory. For your reference please see the Graduate Program Director's presentation.
*New students to McGill and/or McGill students starting a new graduate program.
Newly admitted students for September 2017 - must register for the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms between July 4 and August 14, 2017, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Fall 2017-Winter 2018 New Students [PDF] for details.
Current (returning) students - must register for the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms between April 4 and August 14, 2017, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Fall 2017-Winter 2018 Returning Students [PDF] for Details.
Newly admitted students for January 2017 - must register for the Winter 2017 term between December 1, 2016 and January 4, 2017, inclusive, to avoid late registration fees. See Winter 2017 - New Students [PDF} for details.