The Financial Information System at McGill University is called Banner FIS. Minerva Finance (Fund) Administration Menu is the user-friendly web interface to Banner FIS.
The Minerva Finance (Fund) Administration menu allows a user (with the appropriate security) to:
- Query fund balances and budget summaries
- View monthly fund statements
- Shop and submit purchase orders
- Sponsor requestors to submit purchase orders and assign delegates for purchase orders, change orders and PCard transactions
- View financial documents
- Approve and disapprove financial documents
- Reconcile and approve PCard transactions
- Request advances and submit expense reports
- Set-up delegates for certain financial documents
- Manage uPrint
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the different Minerva Finance Menu options, please refer to the How to Use Minerva page.
Banner FIS allows a user (with the appropriate security) to:
- Query fund balances, budget summaries and financial documents;
- View fund codes and related characteristics
- Query supplementary information on Endowment Funds (MIP units held, market value, etc)
- Process standard transactions such as inter-departmental charges and deposits (cheques, cash, debit/credit card payments received)
- Approve/disapprove certain documents (e.g. purchase requisitions)
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the different Banner FIS forms, please refer to the How to Use Banner page.