View McGill's summer course offerings with the eCalendar. See descriptions of programs, courses, policies and regulations, and other important information.
The Summer Studies eCalendar is now available.
Build your summer schedule with McGill’s online self-service tool, Minerva. For details on the dates, times and locations of summer courses, select "Summer 2019" from the drop-down menu and search by subject or faculty.
Special courses & programs
Think outside the classroom with unique courses and programs offered only in the summer. Apply to study in Barbados or Florence, or immerse yourself in Montreal's unique culture with the Quebec Summer Studies Institute.
Note: Faculty of Engineering, Medicine and Law courses are only open to McGill degree students. As a visiting or special student, you may take courses in the following faculties: Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Arts, Music, Religious Studies, and Science. You may also take summer courses with the School of Continuing Studies and the School of Social Work. Students may enroll in courses offered by Desaultels Faculty of Management provided there is space and provided they have the pre-requisite(s) if required. McGill Students have priority. Please note that certain courses may have prerequisites, restrictions or require departmental approval, please check the Minerva Class Schedule for course specific information.
Current McGill students need to seek the approval of their Faculty to participate to the following programs:
- Exeter College in the University of Oxford (UK)
- International Security and Intelligence Programme and Conference (UK)
- The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Universidad de Piura (Peru)
- University of Kent Summer Schools (Brussels, Canterbury and Paris)
- Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (Peru)
- Pembroke College Cambridge (UK)
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (China)
- University College London (UK)
- Smith Enterprise and the Environment Summer School (University of Oxford - UK)
- Queen Mary University of London (UK)
Additional Summer opportunities are also offered by the McGill Abroad Office.