In 2001, McGill implemented a pay equity program, as required by law. A final report was submitted to the Québec government's Pay Equity Commission on November 21, 2001.
The Pay Equity Act also requires employers to conduct an evaluation of pay equity maintenance every five years to ensure that predominantly female job categories continue to have access to the same level of maximum compensation as predominantly male job categories of equal value. Pay equity maintenance reviews were conducted in 2005 and 2010.
The following postings describe the most recent events in relation to pay equity.
2015 PAY EQUITY MAINTENANCE
- Pay equity message and posting (Posted March 24, 2017)
- Pay equity message and posting (Posted December 21, 2016)
2010 PAY EQUITY MAINTENANCE
- Pay equity message to all staff (Posted June 29, 2016)
- Second posting of the results of the pay equity maintenance (Posted June 29, 2016)
- Pay equity message to all staff (Posted March 31, 2016)
- Posting of the results of 2010 pay equity maintenance (Posted March 31, 2016)