If your student/alumni McGill email account was recently migrated to the Microsoft Office 365 service, and you did not reconfigure your Mac Mail client, an "Unable to Connect" popup may appear.
If you see the popup, please do one of the following:
- No longer using Mac Mail? Please remove your old email account.
- Still using Mac Mail? You need to:
- Remove your old email account. Before removing the account, check that it's configured using Exchange or IMAP. If you configured it to use the POP protocol, you will have to create a backup first to avoid losing the emails, since they're stored on your computer.
- Recreate your email account using outlook.office365.com as the incoming server.
Remove an Email Account from Mac OS X Mail:
- Open the Mail app.
- Click on Mail from the top menu, then click on Preferences.
- In the left pane, click on the email account you want to remove.
- If it doesn't say Exchange, click the Advanced... button in the right pane and check if your account is configured to use IMAP or POP.
- If your account is configured using IMAP, click cancel, and continue with Step 4.
- If your account is configured using POP, you need to make a backup before you can continue. Contact the IT Service Desk if you need help.