New Student Checklist
These checklists are mandatory reading for all new students – they'll help you get off on the right foot and make sure you meet all your important deadlines. If you're coming to McGill from a Quebec CEGEP, consult the checklist below. Otherwise, click on the "Admitted from High School" tab for your Year 0 checklist.
Student Registration System
- Read through the Newly Admitted Undergraduate Students website
- Review your Program Calendar
- Review your Departmental/School Sample Curriculum
- Refer to the important dates website for key dates for the academic year including registration, start of lectures, advising periods, exams, and study breaks
- As part of planning your program and creating your class schedule you will need to familiarize yourself with MINERVA (McGill’s online registration system).
- We also recommend that you refer and use the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) – a tool that allows you to visualize your schedule before you finalize it on MINERVA.
If you are unable to register for the recommended courses, please newstudentadvising.engineering [at] mcgill.ca (contact us). Class schedule conflicts are not permitted (i.e. courses held at the same time).
ID Cards – Obtain your student identification (ID) card at Service Point, 3415 McTavish Street, McLennan Library Building. First, you must register for at least one course and wait 24 hours following registration.
McGill Email Address
Moving forward, the McGill Engineering Student Centre will only send official communication to your McGill email address. select “McGill Email”. If you are having issues, please contact 514-398-3398.